Logo Design by FlamingText.com


Sunday, November 20, 2011

NCAA FCS FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF GAME AT LAVALLE STADIUM VS. ALBANY, SATURDAY, 1:45 P.M. (WUSB)

Stony Brook, N.Y. -

Winners of an outright Big South Conference title for the first time in school history, the Stony Brook football team will host Albany on Saturday, November 26, in a Division I Football Championship first round game at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium. The game time has yet to be determined and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.com.
The Seawolves, who defeated Liberty, 41-31, for the conference’s automatic bid to the playoffs, will host their New York State rival for the first time since 2006. Stony Brook and Albany, which compete as associate members in its respective football conferences, are members of the America East Conference in all other sports.
Albany owns a 9-4 series advantage over Stony Brook.
Stony Brook head coach Chuck Priore is a 1982 graduate of Albany. He was the Great Danes’ starting fullback for three seasons and earned the Spud Kruzan Award as Albany’s most outstanding senior athlete. He began his coaching career at Albany as the team’s running backs and strength coach.
Priore even served as Albany’s head lacrosse coach, going 9-8 in 1986.
“I’m not sure I’d be where I am today without Coach (Bob) Ford,” Priore said. “To this day, some of the stuff I do organizationally and the way I handle my staff is because of Coach Ford. We’ve always had a healthy relationship. I trust him, and he trusts me."
Stony Brook (8-3, 6-0) has won eight games in a season for just the second time in school history (2002). Currently on an eight-game winning streak, the Seawolves have scored at least 40 points in seven straight games and lead the FCS in scoring offense (39.6/g).