Logo Design by FlamingText.com


Monday, November 21, 2011

BREAKING: STONY BROOK'S JOE NATHAN AGREES TO SIGN WITH TEXAS RANGERS

Rangers agree to terms with Joe Nathan
Nathan Headed To Rangers
Joe Nathan agrees to 2-year deal with Rangers worth $14.5 million

The Texas Rangers have agreed to terms with RHP Joe Nathan on a two-year contract with a club option for a third year, the team announced. The deal is worth $14.5 million, which includes a buyout.

The move means closer Neftali Feliz will move into the rotation, something the club has already informed him about.

"Jon Daniels and Ron Washington called me a couple of days ago and told me about the team's decision for me to be a starting pitcher next season," Feliz said in a statement issued Monday.
"I was a starter for my whole career before I came to the major leagues. I am happy to know the team's decision this early, and I have plenty of time to get ready. I have already started running.
"I have time to work on my changeup and all my pitches. I know I have to work hard to be ready to help my team as a starter so we can get back to the playoffs."
Nathan will be formally introduced at a news conference Tuesday morning at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
Nathan missed the 2010 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in March of that year and returned in 2011, pitching in 48 games (44 2/3 innings) with a 4.84 ERA and 14 saves with eight holds. He had 47 saves in 2009 with a 2.10 ERA and was one of the top closers in the big leagues. Nathan had six consecutive seasons of 35 or more saves.