Logo Design by FlamingText.com


Friday, August 19, 2011

Danny Carter's homecoming

By Danny Carter
Stony Brook's Danny Carter in an exhibition game
Photo credit: Stony Brook
ENGLAND -- We are sitting on the train headed to Paris to start the third and final chapter of this tour. So far it has been an awesome and unforgettable experience. For me, personally, it has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience having all my teammates come to my homeland and experience the English culture.
We had the guys come over to my house in Windsor for a feast when we arrived in England, and we saw some amazing sites around London. The guys have loved London, and a number of them have said they already want to go back! I played the role of tour guide and answered numerous questions about the culture and how things worked in England.
We played two games and split them, losing the first to a strong Midnight Madness All-Star team, but we bounced back with our best performance yet against the Milton Keynes Lions. This was the first time I had played a game on my home soil in four years, and I received an amazing reception from fans, family and friends. It was a real meaningful experience for me, as my dad hasn’t been able to see me play basketball since my freshman year, so having this trip organized has been amazing, and I’m so grateful for the people who have made it happen.
This trip has been incredible for me, as I had never been to Ireland and hadn’t done any sightseeing since I was about 8 or 9 years old. Paris will be awesome and thoroughly enjoyable, and the competition will get tougher as we continue to build on what we have already achieved.
When leaving for this trip, I wanted to head into it with a mentality of “Just grabbing the bull by the horns